Aug 26: On Life, Lately
August was eventful by my standards.
My sister (finally) got married.
Happy to welcome a new brother-in-law (who's older in age but younger in rank?). Happy (and grateful) that the whole family turned up. Even my paternal cousins, who I admittedly don't know that well.
I don't have all the pictures...
... but yes, I like this picture a lot because we hardly ever take pictures together.
+ + +
I had my first solo trip at the age of 38.
Didn't bring the family along, so I did it the budget adventurous way. Loved every minute of it.
And while I was at it, I also took the opportunity to join my first overseas run. God willing, I will come back again someday.
One can tell I didn't go very far (i.e. Thailand), because the locals assumed I was one of them. From Grab drivers to the mall promoters to the hotel bellboy - all insisted on speaking to me in Thai.
But the more important takeaway of my brief journey?
T-Pop!
I've been hooked on a few songs since discovering them in a random cafe. Just like K-Pop :D
+ + +
Some of my friends left for pastures anew.
![]() |
| This lady left for Australia |
![]() |
| One of these uncles left for Melaka |
![]() |
| And this guy left the company |
I wonder if my turn will ever come, but I'm at the point where it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't.
Anyway, Lily had her sports day. She seemed to enjoy it, though her parents were awful in the games for Mummy and daddy.
Kakak went for a run, too, even though she hates it. She says she wants as many medals as I have, so I suppose she’ll have to keep running around for a while longer.
Speaking of which, I finally retired my Novablast.
I'm sentimental about this pair because my close friends gifted them to me years back when I was beginning to get serious about running.
![]() |
| They served well |
+ + +
Lastly, I'm now the proud owner of solar panels. I'd like to say the reason I got them was to save the Earth, but really, I just want to save money so I can buy more (unnecessary) shoes.
![]() |
| Finally, something in this house bears my name (sort of) |












Comments
Post a Comment