Jul 26: On Friendships. And String Beans.

It's already the 4th, and I feel if I don't get this done today, I'll probably skip the entire month, so let's get it done.

+ + +

I'll start by admitting that I'm terrible at friendships. I don't invest nearly enough time into any of them.

But by some strange quirk in the universe, I managed to hang out with the lot of them in the opening weeks of the month.

Reunited with my uni-mates in Melaka.
We've known each other for 20 years.

Reunited with my office-mates in KL.
Some of them have kept me sane for the past 15 years.
-
Reunited with Malaysia's only Ohioan.
I offer no further explanation.

Thought it would be cool to go all out and meet up with everyone I wanted to, but ended up not doing it.

As expected.

Nonetheless, it was good to reminisce about the good old days with the ones I did meet.

+ + +

The World Cup came and went.

It didn't come home.

If you didn't understand that reference, it's too long for me to explain - but you can already guess what nation I support.

+ + +

Walked across the Saloma Bridge for the first time.

It happened when we, a bunch of office uncles, decided to walk back to the office after lunch in Kampung Baru.


+ + +

Completed 1500 Wordles. Don't think I've missed many since I started playing it at the height of its popularity.



+ + +

My daughter said my biceps looked like string beans. I'm both proud and mortified.

Proud because she's got a very creative way of describing things.

Mortified because I suppose the description is very apt.

+ + +

This month's run was the SCORE Half-Marathon. 

Strava said I was a second away from achieving a sub-100. 

Since that makes me feel nice, I will not allow Strava's accuracy to be questioned :)

They do NOT look like string beans. Or do they?

+ + +

Sister is getting married in 3 days.

I'm looking forward to going home and seeing everyone.

Til the next month, then.

Comments

Popular Posts