Dec: On The Year That Was 2023

December proved to be a strange month that started off strong, followed by a decent middle and fizzling out towards the end. 

Early December, we went to Langkawi. My last was when I was 15, I reckon. Was particularly keen to let my youngest experience a plane ride. Alhamdulillah it went alright.



Squeezed in one last run for the year while in Langkawi. Finished below an hour for the first time ever.

Overall, the trip was good but understand why some people say Langkawi is pricey. Reckon I could have done three Hat Yai trips on an equivalent budget.

Also made our last trip to Port Dickson for 2023. We've been here a few times this year whenever we've wanted to escape the city. We're getting better at packing and planning for these days out.


Went back to Ipoh to celebrate nanny's 62nd. Also took the opportunity to visit the disused tin dredge  at Tanjung Tualang as well as revisit Tasik Cermin after seven years. The tin dredge was interesting (but can be improved) while Tasik Cermin is unrecognisable from what I remember it to be.




Near the end of 2023, my days were accompanied by unexpected lower abdominal pains. I (still) don't know what exactly is wrong, despite getting my first-ever hospital referral letter for an appendicitis removal (which I'm fairly sure isn't the problem). 

Meanwhile, I took the initiative to visit the dentist for the second time in my life, but this is the first visit that's on my own volition and not out of necessity.

I suppose the only real highlight towards the end of December was witnessing snowfall for the first time. Not somewhere fancy like Iceland but in a Bukit Jalil mall. But they all count, I guess.

Here's hoping 2024 brings us lots more love, laughter and joy.

Comments

Popular Posts