Nov 23: On Spontaneous Adventures and Other Things

This November entry is going to sound like a recap of a lot of unplanned journeys. Here goes:

We first took an impromptu expedition to Sekinchan. It's a place I'd only seen in pictures before so I thought I'd check it out myself. Was also a chance to show my kids where the rice they eat comes from. Bought cheap rice since we were already there.



Another spur-of-the-moment trip saw us drive up to Genting only to find that it was the first day of their Winter Wonderland. It's sort of becoming an annual thing for us, since we also went for it last year. The fake snow amuses the kids.


Work unexpectedly took me to Parliament - a first-time experience. Got to see many Ministers and MPs, including the one who represents my own constituency. Regret not asking him for a picture.


Went back to Ipoh for the first time in a long time. I think it was the little one's first time to the venerable institution called Hollywood.


I also took the opportunity to visit UTP for the first time in a decade. A lot has changed. Seri Iskandar can definitely be called a town now, as opposed to back then when it was literally just two rows of shophouses.


Neighbourhood held a Halloween celebration. I decided to go all out and went dressed as a skeleton. Genuinely scared a few kids. The way I walk naturally must fit well with the costume.


Met up with a few of my university brothers. Meeting up is difficult these days, even for those of us who work in the same building. What isn't difficult is our respective transitions into middle-aged men with dad-bods.


The last unplanned thing was an appreciation dinner which I had totally intended to skip. I didn't even contribute much to whatever they were appreciating us for but I'm always up for free food (and the good company didn't hurt either).

In other things, the eldest kiddo had her first school trip (which panicked her mum more than the kiddo) as well as her first school concert (albeit virtually). She really is going up very quickly.

By the time I post next, it will already be 2024 so I hope all of you have a good end to the year. Til the next one.

Comments

Popular Posts