Oct 23: On Prayers for Gaza, Reunions and More

The events unfolding in Gaza are disturbing. Social media is filled with pictures and videos of innocent children being caught in the crossfire. I pray my kids don't ever have to go through stuff like that. 

The conflict is a classic example of Western hypocrisy. I pray common sense prevails, although that seems a bit of a stretch for the moment.

In slightly happier news, I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of old friends. 

Met up with Joo Hyuk, an old schoolmate from the British School in Colombo, a chap I last met when I was ten or eleven. 

Shortly after, I caught up with William, an old classmate from my days in Ipoh. He was also my first ever roommate at university, albeit just for a brief while during EduCamp. Our paths diverged after that and it took us almost ten years to finally meet up.


Either way, happy to see both of them are thriving, leading healthy and happy lives.

No hikes to speak about for the month of October but I did manage to squeeze a night run in. I've two more to go for 2023. Planning to strategise my runs out a little bit more next year.

A while back I alluded to the demise of two of my favourite Youtube channels. They're no longer dead, so I'm back to wasting a lot of time on Youtube.

A quick recommendation to close out this post: I think the Reacher series on Amazon Prime is well worth a look. Enjoyed watching all eight episodes of it.

Comments

Popular Posts