Aug 23: On Runs, HFMD and A Bunch of Firsts

For once, you're not going to hear about my hiking adventures simply because I didn't do any in August.

What I did do, however, was run. Seeing minor improvements in the timing and that's good enough for me. I'm sticking to 10-12km runs because I am not willing to commit the time required to make a HM or an FM feasible. 


In between all that, the kids managed to contract Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (HFMD). The adults eventually caught it too but our symptoms (or mine, anyway) weren't too severe. As a parent, few things are as distressing as seeing your children sick but 2023 has been awful from a health standpoint. Hoping for better times ahead. 

This month saw also saw a couple of firsts.

I participated in my first Merdeka parade at the age of 35. I'd never even been to one as a spectator before this so it was quite the experience. Me being me, I was quite excited to see all the military stuff - the jets, helicopters, tanks, paratroopers, etc. What I won't miss, however, is getting up at 4am for training.



I also received my first shareholder dividend, which worked out to a princely sum of RM10. I bought my first ever shares a while back just for the hell of it. Everyone gets their start somewhere - even billionaires. If I make it someday, this will be the story I tell.

I also stayed at Awana Kijal for the first time, which is quite amusing considering I've spent the past seven years in a department which has a office nearby. This will be my last outstation assignment with my current department as I've moved - but that's a story for next month.

Comments

Popular Posts