Apr 23: On The Simple Joys of Life

A lot happed in April. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel for work and I also explored new places for leisure. Here's a roundup:

East Coast Adventures

I recently had a work trip to the East Coast of Malaysia. It was longest road trip I've ever had in my life, covering more than 1000km in slightly more than 24 hours.

I managed to visit the Batu Bersurat in Terengganu, which is something I've only ever read about in our Sejarah books. I also had the chance to experience iftar in Kuantan, which was a memorable experience. 

Fraser's Hill

Having never been there, I've always been curious about Fraser's Hill. I decided to visit the place recently. The trip up was dreadful for my family because of the winding roads (it is apparently the first proper road built to cross the Titiwangsa range). But now that I know what it looks like, consider my curiosity sated. 


Hiking Rekindled

With the fasting month done and dusted, I'm looking to get back into hiking again. I recently went up Kemensah for the fourth time and it was a challenging experience as always. Hoping to explore new trails and destinations.


Aidilfitri Celebrations

Marked this year's Aidilfitri by meeting family and friends. Didn't go back to Ipoh but at least I got to experience iftar at home this year.

Me being me, I just had to take them to the sacred ground.




Wrestlemania

Although I had stopped watching wrestling for a while, I recently decided to tune in to Wrestlemania and I was pleasantly surprised. I found myself enjoying quite a few of the matches, despite having little knowledge about the stories. Personally, the Gunther vs. McIntyre vs. Sheamus triple threat match was one of the best I've ever watched, with all three wrestlers delivering an outstanding performance.


JJ

We also seem to have adopted a cat (not by choice). Dude just waltzed in one day and never left. Used to be afraid of all humans but now acts like he owns the place. We shall call it JJ.


April was good and many things allowed me appreciate the simple joys of life. Let's hope May is as kind.

Comments

Popular Posts