Dec 22: Sustainability, Holidays and Beam

So what was I up to in the last month of 2022?

Attended a cousin's wedding. I don't actually meet  my cousins from my dad's side much but it was good to be able to connect.

Me at my cousin's wedding

+ + +

I also attended a sustainability conference. Basically, the key message over three days was that none of us actually know what we're supposed to doing when it comes to sustainability. Good luck to all of us because we're going to miss whatever targets we're supposed to be meeting by a stupendously large margin.

With the other conference attendees

At least I got to avoid office for three days. That counts for something.

+ + +

I completed my journey as an English tutor. According to official statistics, my kiddo's comprehension increased from Pre-K to K, so 22 weeks well spent, I guess.

BOLD volunteer program backdrop

+ + +

Went to Genting to see fake snow. Still not seen real snow in my life. Someday...

Fake snow. Trust me it looked a bit better in real life.

+ + +

Also went to Penang for the annual year-end trip. Nice to be able to tune out of work. Everyone in the family was sick though, so the room sounded like a hospital ward at times. Hopefully next time everyone is healthier.

Favourite place

+ + +

Picked up a penchant for Beam scooters. Love those things. Many things need to change in our country if Beam is to survive long, though. Malaysia's pedestrian infrastructure is utter garbage, and I say that as a person who's living in a relatively well-pedestrianised area.

Quite sure no one in the hood uses this more than I do

Happy 2023 and may all of you have a bless year ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts