Nov 22: On Tunnel Runs, GE and the World Cup

A brief post on November, since it's already near the end of December.

Ran in the Penchala Tunnel Run in early November. The main reason I signed up was solely so I can say I've run through the Penchala tunnel. 


This 12K is the furthest I've ever run. No plans to do a half-marathon or full marathon at this point.

+ + +

Went for a quick holiday in PD. Accidentally booked the wrong date so decided to upgrade my ass to the biggest suite they had in the hotel. Looked as if no one had stayed in the suite for a few years. Was a good break, though.



+ + +

In mid-November, my brother and I spent nearly six hours on the road just to get home to Ipoh to vote. 

That night, I attended my first ever political rally at the age of 34, with my dad in tow. Then, it was off to vote. First time at this school. It used to be one much closer to home.


In total, I think my brother and I spent more time on the road than in Ipoh itself. Nonetheless, I plan to continue voting in Ipoh.

+ + +

Attended an office dinner where we all had to dress up. I dressed up as a character from Money Heist despite not having watched a single episode of it.


+ + +

The World Cup started. Supported England as usual, until their inevitable knock-out in the QFs. 

Glad the Asian teams did well.  Shame none of them made the QFs, though. By my reckoning, this was the first World Cup since 2002 where Asian teams actually made a statement rather than just make up the numbers.

Really pessimistic about the 48-team World Cup. There are enough garbage matches as it is in a 32-team one.

Comments

Popular Posts