May 22: On the Unexpected Raya and Other Random Stuff

May came and went in a blur.

It started off with the unexpected announcement of Hari Raya Aidilfitri. 

I say unexpected, but the trusty old kalendar kuda was right as usual. Also as usual was the rapid gain of any weight lost during Ramadan.


There was also one particular day where I attended three houses in a row, which counts as a massive achievement for anti-social me.

---

May also marked the end of the Premier League season. Like Manchester United, my Fantasy Football team is also a very sick puppy. I began losing to my brother years ago, which is acceptable, but this year even my dad ended up miles ahead.

Just 757 points behind lads...

---

During a recent spring cleaning of the office, I got rid of 80% of the things I own. I'm the type of person who hangs on to stuff a bit too long, like the training material from my induction 11 years ago, for instance. Incidentally, I still have it as it wasn't among the 80% I tossed out.

On the plus side, I've never had my workstation this clean. Ever.

I plan to keep it this way.

---

Without meaning to end on a sour note, I think I'm suffering from long COVID. I feel off-colour most days and I've been sick more times in the past month-and-a-half or so than the previous five years combined.

Hopefully, this is a temporary thing.

Comments

Popular Posts