Apr 22: On Keeping Promises and Returning to Office

Ramadan is over. Really enjoying the ability to sleep more than four hours at a stretch again. This isn't the fault of the holy month but rather a result of ill discipline.

I am also happy to report I was able to make it home to Ipoh for a family iftar after two years. Dad was around too, which was rare. I guess I'm still not very used to him being around.

Being home also allowed Kamalya and I the opportunity to recreate a picture I took with Khayra when she was still a few months old. 

Same house, same dad, different child

I also visited Gunung Lang for the first time. I had a good time, and it makes me wonder (not for the first time) why Ipoh keeps all its tourist spots buried behind residential areas.

Rombongan Cik Kiah ke Gunung Lang

---

We've also finally been recalled to the office. I still think the company could be doing a little more to cater to a "modern" working style. However, considering its status as a GLC, it's probably wishful thinking.

---

I have also finally retired my first-generation Ryzen processor in favour of something newer. There wasn't anything wrong with the previous one, but I've always had a thing for keeping my PC right in the middle of benchmarks. 
Diffused in USA, made in Malaysia, sold in USA, shipped back to Malaysia

The current one ought to last me a couple of years until I get the urge to unnecessarily upgrade it again.

'Til the next month, then.

Comments

Popular Posts