Jan 22: On Tennis, Bus Routes and Fatherhood

I really enjoyed the Australian Open tennis. There seems to be much more tennis on our channels these days. I particularly enjoyed the women’s game because of its relative unpredictability compared to the men’s game (although in saying that, the men’s final was epic). 

Unfortunately, the underdogs I rooted for (Amanda Anisimova and Sorana Cirstea) were eliminated relatively early.

---

I had been researching additional bus routes, so I have a backup plan in case I miss my regular bus – which happens a lot. I swear I always miss the regular bus by just 30 seconds, so I thought it wise to find other options.

I did manage to find two other routes. I’ve tried both and it seems no matter which I take I’m almost always the only chap on it. Cue bus selfies… 

Believe me I have plenty more of these

---

People often ask me how I find fatherhood. I always say it’s pretty much the same as before except with less time to play games.

Not so sure if that still stands now Khayra is older.

When she was a toddler, I could pass her to anyone else to keep an eye on her and she wouldn’t be any the wiser. These days, I literally must be within her range of sight or else she'll start wailing.

We visited an indoor playground recently and I inadvertently moved from the spot she last saw me without letting her know. I saw her searching for me from my new spot and she could not hear me calling her, so she panicked and started wailing.

I can't wait to recount this story when's she's much older - when she'll probably wish I was out of her sight more.

Comments

Popular Posts