Dec 21: On Ipoh, First Road Trip and Work

This could be a sign of growing older but the idea of moving back to Ipoh seriously appeals to me. 

On top of a relatively cheaper cost of living, it is also close enough to Penang and KL and there’s also good food, nice parks, and family nearby.  

Don't remember there being parks as nice as this growing up

--- 

December also marked the first time we went on a road trip as a family of four. 

The original plan had been to make a quick trip back to Ipoh (so I can show Lily where her daddy grew up) but we eventually ended up in Penang.

We're at the beach!

Inevitably, due to the unplanned nature of the trip, we ran out of clothes and ended up having to make a quick stop at Lotus's to buy clothes and other essentials. 

It probably wasn't the best timing for the trip considering the year-end crowd, but it was a good trip, nonetheless. Also, it was the first time we had to stop so many times for feeding and nappy changes.

Believe me they did not remain this calm for long

--- 

At work, we bade farewell to our boss who is retiring. 

In a sign of how crazy the world currently is, his farewell was the first time I've met some of my teammates.

The aforementioned teammates

As mad as this may sound, 2022 will be my eleventh year in the organisation. I'm starting to doubt I'll ever leave, if I'm being honest.

Comments

Popular Posts