2019: The Prologue

I know I usually do something weird for the blog at the start/end of every year but this year I thought I'd do something different.

This is a prologue for my 2019 - my hopes and expectations.

2019 promised to be a fantastic year.


Work promised to be slightly more exciting than usual. I had been selected to be a sacrificial lamb candidate for an attachment programme to a supposedly "international" unit of my company. No one seemed to have any details of it but jitters over the complete lack of concrete info was tempered by murmurs of possible travel to Italy, Spain, etc. etc.

On a personal front, Khayra had turned six months old so things were beginning to settle down a bit more (although, I must say my wife did the majority of the heavy lifting).

I also possessed offers from several excellent universities and had been shortlisted for a couple of  scholarships. I had lucked it all the way to that point and all I needed by the time we reached 2019 was to have another 10% in order to stand the chance of perhaps doing something a little more worthwhile with my life.

I'll leave the details out for now, but you can probably already tell that none of that worked out.


And as this is merely a prologue, I'll stop here :)


Comments

Popular Posts