Malaysian Bureaucracy At Its Finest

I renewed my driving license at the post office today and came away most impressed.

Honestly, I have no recollection of the last time I renewed my license because I tend to renew all my documents to the maximum allowed period (I don't like visiting government offices much). The last time I renewed my driving license was way back in 2010 when I was still in UTP.

Anyway, a quick perusal of Google showed me that I could renew my license at post offices nationwide. Fortunately, someone had the great idea of building a post office right at the doorstep of where I work.

So off I went, expecting to spend 50 years at the post office.

Turns out the entire process takes only 3 minutes. The only items you need to bring along are a copy of your MyKad and your old license (and money, of course).

More impressively, it links automatically to the JPJ website so your details are updated immediately. I can't brain this sort of Malaysian government efficiency. Long may this continue.


And naturally, me being me, I renewed it all the way up to 2021.

Expect to see another post about license renewal in six years.

Comments

Popular Posts