Satisfied? You Bet

On days like today I feel very accomplished.

On the face of it all, what I achieved was something very common. Something that almost everyone has to do at one point or the other in their life.

However, consider for a moment that:

  • I did not have an army of uncles, aunties, cousins and friends to advise me; 
  • My parents aren't friends with the Grand Imam of the Motherland, and;
  • I had very little clue as to the Islamic geography of the my area of residence (for instance, I never knew my masjid qariah was 56,254 kilometers away from my house).


I. Still. Got. It. Done.

All that while I'm ill, facing problems with the house (don't get me started on this) and while babysitting an entire section in shifting workstations at the office (don't get me started on this one either).

So please permit me, if you will, to savour this moment for a while.

Comments

Popular Posts