Google Talk

On Feb 23, Google finally pulled the plug on the most beloved instant messaging service I've ever had the pleasure of using - Google Talk.

The thing I liked most about G-Talk was the fact that it was modest and unpretentious. It didn't have all the fancy functions like emoticons and group chat but it was easy to download, easy to install and very lightweight i.e. it didn't come bloated with a thousand functions I don't use and (as a result) it didn't take up much space on my PC.

And the fact that it needed very little bandwidth to function meant it was THE instant messaging service of choice for all those poor souls marooned in Seri Iskandar many years ago.

I'm really going to miss this damn thing.

Goodbye buddy!
And oh, if anyone from Google ever comes across this, let it be known that I don't Hangouts.

Why?

There's no rational explanation behind it. I was really attached to G-Talk and it working just fine until you lot decided to force everyone to switch to Hangouts. Therefore, it's a matter of principle that I hate Hangouts.

Comments

Popular Posts