Bye 2014, Hello 2015

What we learnt in 2014?

Global warming is not merely a myth any more
The recent floods in parts of Malaysia should silence doubters of global warming. The government can investigate all they want but a flood this severe would have occurred regardless of how good the drainage system was or how many trees we had planted.

Technology not as sophisticated as you think
I'm still amused that in this day and age, no one seems to know what happens to aeroplanes once they disappear off radar. We're talking about something maybe nine to ten times the size of my house and it just disappears off the face of this Earth. Glad to see the 1,300 satellites orbiting Earth doing it's job properly then.

The Malaysian-version of CM Punk
I've been let down by the people at work in the most disappointing manner. Without wanting to go into too much detail, let's just say that if everybody worked as well as they talked, I wouldn't be typing this right now. 

If you're asking how I feel about work right now, I'd say I feel the same like CM Punk, who walked out of his company and went on a 1 hour 45 minute rant (NSFW). How I wish I could do that too (the walking out part, that is).

Moderation is nearing death
That's right. My country is filled with racists. I refuse to read the comments section of any Malaysian blog or website because some genius will eventually bring race into it.

Astro are a bunch of clowns
Do you know how long it takes for someone at Astro to pick up your call? The answer is 22 minutes. And that's on your thirteenth try across two days. It appears that no matter what time you call them, you will be greeted by the generic "we are currently experiencing high call volume" statement.

So it's either they have only one person manning the bloody call centre or everyone seems to have a fucking problem with Astro all the time. 

P/S: They seem to do a great job at calling you at regular intervals to offer their latest products though.


What we need to see in 2015?

Najib needs a new PR guy
Whoever it is who's in-charge of his PR, get rid of him. The statements our PM makes, the pictures that he takes, it's horrible. I don't know if it's meant to induce sympathy from the rakyat or to show us how hard he's working, but it comes across as being very vain. All Most other politicians are guilty of this too but at least they don't make it that obvious.

I know he's unfairly criticized at times, but this doesn't qualify.

Tighter controls on social media
Malaysians believe too many things they read on social media. I can hardly believe the shit I receive on my hand-phone sometimes. From catastrophic typhoons to false reporting of deaths, I do wonder where all these people get the time to think up such nonsense. Perhaps if the MCMC were to make an example of two or three of these numpties, then people will think before they start posting all this garbage.

Jonny Evans out
For the love of God, anyone please take him.

Single education system
Entering the realm of wishful thinking with this one but my hope is still to see a single school system for all. This must be the only country in the world which thinks it's OK to have different school systems which (let's be honest) is racially based.

The inability of each side to compromise has been going on for much too long and I think that it is one of the single biggest reasons that we're not going to achieve Vision 2020 (because let's be serious, we haven't been on track for quite some time now).

Comments

Popular Posts