Win 8

So I didn't go to work today. My house-mates woke me up in the wee hours of the morning to tell me we had no water. I could have chosen to be a model employee by showing some initiative to make my way to work despite having difficulties.

But nope.

Stayed home. And what better way to spend a lazy day at home by doing online shopping!

Say hello to Windows 8!


I've only had it for all of 30 minutes, but I can already tell that it's going to take me some time to get used to not having the traditional Start Bar any more.

I'm not sure if there's a lot of difference under the hood, but I think it looks aesthetically pleasing. Very pleasing.

In fact, it kinda works like a phone now. All your installed programs are now neatly arranged in an App List. And they also include a Sports app, a Weather app and a whole bunch of other stuff which I don't need but want to have around.




The one slightly annoying thing that I've noticed so far is that it requires you to have a Microsoft account if you wanna use some of the features. But since this is a Microsoft product after all, I'll let this slide.


Upgrading was a cinch. It's quite frankly one of the most user-friendly experiences I've ever had in installing/re-installing an Operating System.

I'm off to explore what other stuff I have.

Comments

Popular Posts