Remembering 2018

January will be remembered for our last gathering as a family with Uncle Authur. He seemed well in this picture but little did we know he was already seriously ill and would lose him a couple of months later.

RIP Uncle Authur

+++

February will be remembered for the farewell of my old department. In terms of camaraderie, I really think it's unlikely I'll ever find myself in a department as tight-knit as this again. The department which succeeded this one (which I am a part of) doesn't feel anything like my old team. 

RIP Public Affairs & Regional Offices
+++

In March, I turned 30 and Uncle Authur passed. I'd post pictures of his funeral here but Mother Khor would not be pleased so let's just omit this.

+++

April will be remembered for cousin Gavin's registration of marriage. Since the Australian side of the clan came down as well, it was my first time meeting nieces Zoe and Olivia.

They had no idea who I am.

They still don't.


+++

May will be remembered for the time we went for a Parentcraft class. I don't really think I learnt that much but it did give me peace of mind for a few weeks until the baby came along.


+++

Sunshine came along in June. It's already funny seeing how tiny Khayra looked back then. She has since grown into a giant noise machine.

+++
In July, I took my first picture with my mum overseas in a very, very, very, very, very long time.


Also in July, IT almost came home. It's hilarious how so many people think that was a serious statement but it was my finest moment as a long-suffering England supporter. 


+++

I'm not really sure what I want to remember August for but if I absolutely had to pick a moment then it would be attending Muhammad Yunus' talk.

There's something very thought provoking about the things he says and I'd like to live my life a bit more like him - doing meaningful things to solve real problems rather than doing stuff because "boss nak macam ni, so kita ikut je" (which is the answer I get 99% of the time when I ask why we're doing something which makes no sense)


+++

September will be remembered for the Great LRT Breakdown. This was the day where almost everyone was late for work. Also probably the first time that many Petronas staff were in Pavilion at 9am in the morning as the majority of us that had gotten stuck in Pasar Seni decided to take the MRT to Bukit Bintang instead.

Picture does not represent ALL Petronas staff in the vicinity at the time

+++

In October, Perak became Malaysian Cup champions. This merits a mention because it is unlikely to happen again in my lifetime. Also, we get Champions League football in Ipoh next year. Ha ha.


Also, I visited the dentist for the first time in my life. I'm still too traumatized to talk about it.

+++

Other than an Afgan concert, I swear I don't remember anything that happened in November. November might not have happened for all I know.

+++

December was our first overseas trip as a family.

We drove.

The car was full of Khayra's stuff.

I still have cramps from having to carry Khayra from Machap all the way back to KL because she didn't want to be in the car seat.



+++

What's in store for 2019?

I think I should sleep more. Or less. I can't really decide which I'd rather do.


Happy 2019, folks!

Comments

Popular Posts