FC Sixteen

If I were to pick a team made up entirely of people who wore the jersey number 16 (obviously my favourite number) at the World Cup, it would look like this:


The wing backs are all right. Marcos Rojo (ARG) and Cristian Gamboa (CRC) have solid for their respective countries but the defensive partnership of Eder Balanta (COL) and Phil Jones (ENG) looks very dodgy to say the least.

There is an embarassment of central midfielders wearing 16. In picking Ramires (BRA), Danielle De Rossi (ITA) and Philipp Lahm (GER), I left out some impressive names such as Sergio Busquets (ESP), Jordy Clasie (NED) and Steven Defour (BEL).

Only one right winger wears 16 (i.e. Antonio Valencia (ECU)) and there aren't any left wingers, so I plopped Ki Seung-Yeung (KOR) in there.

As for the forwards, there are only two to choose from, namely Iranian Reza Ghoochanejad and Honduran Rony Martinez. Neither are world beaters but I went for Reza as I thought he looked quite impressive vs. Argentina. So what's your number and the XI for your team?

Comments

Popular Posts