Khael's England



With the FIFA World Cup a mere 97 days away, the BBC recently did a piece on England's potential World Cup squad.

England is the team that I support and always have been for as long as I can remember. The reason for this is mainly because supporting them is a lot like supporting Malaysia in the sense that:
a) Their fans all think they're world champion material and;
b) The players all think they're on par with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, et. al,

For what it's worth, these are the 23 I'd take to the World Cup if I were the manager:


+ + +

GK: Hart, Forster, Butland

DF: Johnson, Walker, Jagielka, Cahill, Jones, Smalling, Baines, Shaw

MF: Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Barkley, A Johnson

FW: Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Rodriguez


+ + +

But knowing Roy Hodgson, there'd probably be room for Michael Carrick (who I omitted because there's only room for one slow player - Gerrard) amd Tom Cleverley (who I omitted because he's hasn't looked confident for a year now).

When Hodgson does finally name his squad in a few weeks, it will be interesting to see how many from my England made it to his England.

Comments

Popular Posts