Math 101

This is my "collection" of parking tickets. One for every working day in the last three months.

The first one I kept was the one I got on 12 December. The serial number is 17403.

The one I got today (exactly three months later) has the serial number 51230.

That means in three months 33,827 vehicles have parked there.

Running that parking area is practically overhead-free. That place where I park is just a patch of unused land under high-tension power lines. It's not tarred and no repairs need to be made. The only expense I can think of is the salary of the dude who sits at the entrance between 6-10AM and collects money from all the cars that enter.

Every vehicle pays RM3. So that's RM101,481. For three months worth of work.

In a year that amounts to RM405,924.

Needless to say, I don't earn anywhere near that figure for sitting in my damn office for twelve months straight. That is just obscene.

I SWEAR TO GOD I'M IN THE WRONG BUSINESS.

Comments

Popular Posts