Note

7 December. That was the day I saw you off at the train station in Batu Gajah. At 5.35am, I remember thinking to myself as your train pulled away, "This is it. The last time I'm going to see you. After this, I don't know when else I will see you again."

 We didn't know our futures. I didn't know where you would end up (or where I'd end up) and we didn't plan when our next meeting was. We were confident we'd survive this.


But somehow, it felt sad because I felt like it was the end of something.


In a way it was.


In the time between the day you left and the day you came back, I felt we had drifted apart. We could go on for days and days without talking. The SMSes became less and less. The calls even lesser. For the first time in more than two years, we had run out of stuff to talk about and we had found better things to do than to talk to each other. I am to blame for that as much as you are.

I will miss a lot of things about us.

No way you spend two-years plus of your life with someone and pretend it never happened, right? I'm taking only the good memories from our relationship. The bad ones, I will forget.


I hope God has better plans for the both of us.

Comments

Popular Posts