June 23: On Birthdays, Hikes & Energy Asia

June is the month of birthdays in our family, as we celebrated the special occasions of my eldest child, wife and mother-in-law. I wish them long and prosperous years ahead. May their journeys be filled with love, happiness, and fulfillment.

To celebrate Khayra's birthday, we threw a party for her at her favourite playground. Wife did all the work. All I had to do was show up.

I'm also pleased to report that my hiking adventures are still going strong. Earlier this month, we explored a new trail along Bukit Lanjan. We ventured up a new trail on the southern side of the NKVE, which means I've now been up both sides of the hill that the highway cleaves through. 

Later in the month, we gathered in a big group and hiked to our regular spot in Kemensah. There were a few newcomers to the group, but that was my fifth time on that trail.





I had the opportunity to serve as a liaison officer for one of the guest speakers at Energy Asia. Grateful that my guest turned out to be a pretty chill dude. Didn't ask much of me. Wouldn't be surprised if he secretly wished I left him alone.

The actual event itself was ok. I generally find it hard to relate to discussions revolving around climate change because I feel very few of us have a clue (or don't want to sacrifice) how we're going to get to the end goal. There was, however, an Innovation Agora which showcased real-life solutions and was much easier to my simple mind to digest. I found this chap and his company very fascinating.

The highlight of the entire event, perhaps, was riding to and from the airport in an electric BMW iX. As liaisons, we had one to shuttle us (and the guests) around. Thoroughly enjoyed it.



In the midst of all the happenings, I think it's also worth mentioning that Khayra has received her first report card. I know I'm not exactly young but I still find it wild that I'm old enough to be saying, "My child received her report card."

And that's my June done and dusted.

Comments

Popular Posts