How I Spent My Raya Break

The Internet can sometimes lead you down rabbit holes. One thing leads to another, and suddenly you're looking at or learning about random things you never thought you ever wanted to see or know.

One of the things I'm really into at the moment is Max & Lee.

Max & Lee were a couple famous for chronicling their van life adventures. I'm currently watching vlogs of their road trip from Canada down to the southernmost tip of South America and it is awesome.

You may have noticed the word "were" in the previous paragraph and that's because there is a tragic backstory to this entire thing. Lee committed suicide a couple of months ago which is super sad because she looked totally carefree in their vlogs. Having said that, I do know of a friend with mental health issues and she appears totally normal as well so I guess one can never really tell.

But I digress.

Watching Max & Lee makes me want to quit my job and live a carefree life of traveling in a van too. Looking at their adventures makes my life doing rep alerts and drafting emails for my three bosses (A story for another time! Or not...) look very, very lame in comparison.

For now, though, I guess I'll settle for watching their vlogs. This is probably the first time I've seen this much of South America, a region very few Southeast Asians are familiar with, I reckon.

Link is here, if anyone is interested.

Comments

Popular Posts