Throwing Caution To The Winds

When I was much younger (8, I think), I wrote a 12 or 13-page essay for my parents. It wasn't  a school assignment or anything but I enjoyed creative writing very much so I liked to write for fun.

Growing up, I watched a lot of Scooby Doo and my essay borrowed the basic plots of a regular Scooby Doo episode. I can't remember if my parents thought the essay was any good but I do remember them pointing out that I had misspelled the word "bait" throughout the essay.

Looking back, I'm not sure where I got the courage to just randomly write stuff for people to read.

I want that fearlessness back.

As I have grown older, so has my cautiousness. Everything I do is dependent on how I think people will respond to it. I tend not do something if I think people are not going to like or enjoy it. I reckon I spend more time agonising over how someone would react to something I might do rather than actually going out to do it.

I don't believe in resolutions but if there's anything I'd like to change in myself for 2019 would be to regain that confidence and fearlessness because I know I can be much, much better than the impression I give people.

Comments

Popular Posts