First Project of 2018

Two weeks into 2018, I'm pleased to say that I've completed my first project for the year.

I'd been thinking of buidling a mini-ITX PC for myself for the longest time but there was always nagging doubts in my mind, mostly centered around whether or not the cost and effort would be worth it.

Last weekend I suppose I had an epiphany of sorts and went on an online shopping rampage.

Best not to look at them credit card bills.


Here we are, days later, and my PC is the size of a small box!

This also means it's finally time to retire my venerable first build. So much nostalgia. This thing was my first major splurge after I started working.

It's been with me since I was living in Flora Damansara, followed me when I bought my condo and migrated yet again when I got married.

I must admit I never thought it would last this long but that Intel i5-2500 was a beast of a processor. Absolutely no regrets buying it (even though I distinctly remember my hands shaking as I handed over my credit card). It was the largest single purchase I had ever made at the time.

It's been a hell of a run buddy.
2011-2018

And the new buddy, time for some adventures!
2018-

Comments

Popular Posts