Three Simple Rules

When I look at how the Government of Malaysia communicates with its citizens, I'm instantly reminded of my own company (particularly my own division) and how we communicate with others.

We know there needs to be a unified and consistent messaging so we don't confuse everyone.

We know the value of using clear, unambiguous language in our messages

We know that internal stakeholders are every bit as important as external ones. Don't expect others to understand if your own people don't.

We know. Yet we fail at these things again and again.

Our Government's handling of issues such as MH370 and 1MDB perfectly illustrate how it fails to address the three simple rules above.

And as far as how stuff at work goes, well, the less I say the better I feel but suffice to say that it isn't exactly a shining beacon of adherence to simple rules either.

Comments

Popular Posts