Remembering 2017

January will be remembered for being our first Chinese New Year as a family without Ah Ma and Ah Pek. But the clan remains strong...


+++

February will be remembered for the time my wife and I took a random roadtrip around Hulu Langat. It was a rare adventure of the two of us. We ought to do stuff like this more often.


+++

March will be remembered as the month I explored Ipoh. My biggest achievement was getting the lot of them (my wife, my mum, my siblings) hiking up Gua Tambun. And Tasik Cermin (which is practically behind my house) was pretty nice too.

+++

April will be remembered for the first time I ever set foot on the Land of the Rising Sun. It left such a big impression on me that we went again in December. And guess what? I'm not done yet. I want to go again.

+++

May will be remembered for the time I paid a random amoi money for her spare ticket to a free K-Pop concert just so I can watch Red Velvet. Someday, I will watch a proper Red Velvet concert.

+++

June will be remembered for WWE Singapore! No, I shall not elaborate.

+++

July will be remembered for the time we explored Genting and stood in line for nearly two hours just to ride the new Genting Skyway.

+++

August will be remembered as the first time I've ever stepped foot on Penang Hill, which is absolutely unbelievable considering I've been to the island about 8842 times and both my parents are from Penang.

+++

September will be remembered for the run up to the final ever Malaysian Formula One Grand Prix where I was part of a team that was spending way too much time doing way too many things nobody cared about.

+++

October will be remembered for the time I first found out my wife was pregnant. Hi little kiddo! (If you're reading this sometime in the future).

+++

November will be remembered for Ed Sheeran.

+++

December will be remembered for the first time I've ever lost a friend. That left me questioning my own mortality a bit but alas, deaths only affect the living. Rest well, Kiki. Keep an eye out for Josef over here!


+++

And that was my 2017 in a nutshell.

Bring on 2018!

Comments

Popular Posts